To enhance security and data protection, Cochrane is moving to a new account login system on 21 May 2019.
We are contacting Cochrane Review group and Network staff, and frequent users of Archie and RevMan, to give you advance notice of this change. The upgrade to the login system will involve changes to Cochrane Account details.
- Usernames: your Cochrane Account username will automatically be updated to match your primary email (if it is currently different)
- Passwords: the first time you log in following the introduction of the new login system, you will be prompted to choose a new password for security reasons
Your new login details will be valid for all Cochrane resources accessed via the account login, including Cochrane Crowd, TaskExchange, RevMan Web, Cochrane Interactive Learning and Archie.
If you wish to view or edit your current Cochrane Account details, please log in to your Cochrane Account before 21 May.
Downtime alert: The account login switchover is scheduled to take place at 07:00-08:00 BST on 21 May 2019 (check the time in your timezone). During this time there will be no access to Cochrane resources. Please plan your work accordingly. There is a risk of further downtime if any issues arise during the changeover.
Users of RevMan 5: You must update your Cochrane Account login details after the switchover in order to access your reviews via RevMan. Go to your Cochrane Account and choose a new password. Then update your stored details in RevMan in order to access your reviews:
- Open RevMan > Click Go to My Reviews
- Click Connection preferences (spanner icon in top right corner of My Reviews window)
- Confirm server selected is Archie Server
- Confirm username is correct - this should match the primary email address on your Cochrane Account
- Enter your new password
- Tick to Save username and password when RevMan is closed
- Tick to Use secure connection (if you normally select this option)
- Click OK to save
Users of Archie: If you use Archie to create and edit person records for your Cochrane group, please read this important notice regarding changes in Archie user record management following the upgrade to the login system.
Users of Training-Archie: If you also have an account on Training-Archie, your username will be updated to match your primary email address at 07:00-08:00 BST on 13 May 2019 (check the time in your timezone). You will be prompted to choose a new password for the Training site when you log in after this time.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact email@example.com
Cochrane Community Support Team